General Membership Meeting Minutes
November 8, 2012
Gunderson Lutheran Hospital LaCrosse, WI
Cheryl Michler Secretary – Treasurer
Last business meeting was August 2012 at the half-day education session held at UW Madison, Madison, WI. Martha Castillo made a motion to approve the minutes, approved by all.
Attendance at General Business Meeting
Board Members present:
Program Chair-Marty Castillo Secretary-Treasurer-Cheryl Michler
Co Chair Tracy Donaghy
Board Members Excused:
President-Terry Gion, President Elect-Ann LeClaire,
Membership-Lynn Morgenstern Past President-Joyce Ennis
Website Coordinator-Lisa Salmon Legislative Liaison-Judy Klaver
Membership attendance: Total conference attendance: 11
ARN/WARN members: 9 Non-Members: 2
President’s Report Martha Castillo gave for Terry Gion
No specific report for this meeting. Letters from the president is on the website
Bylaws changes and approval of WARN Bylaws-
No specific report for this meeting.
Member benefits report was given by Martha Castillo.
- At each ½ day education session we draw for a free registration to the WARN annual all day conference.
- Each time a member attends a ½ education session their name is put into a drawing for prizes drawn at the annual conference. Currently we are funding the following prizes:
- ARN & WARN dues
- Anne LeClaire
- Christine Seefeldt
- Sue Skiba
Other names which were drawn were Terry Gion, Joyce Ennis, and Mary Victory each of these individuals donated this back to the organization.
Awards – Each year we receive nominations for the following awards:
- Rising Star award – is for a nurse new to rehabilitation (less than two years)
- Winner- Lindsay Crow from UW Madison
- Rehab Excellence award is for an individual who has been in rehab nursing and who has contributed to the growth of the practice of rehab nursing.
- Winner- Sarah Musselman from UW Madison.
The winners of the Rising Star and Nurse Excellence award will each receive a membership to ARN/WARN for one year. See the nominations on the website “Conference Corner”.
- Community Benefit- is given to an organization that provides free or minimal charge services to disabled individuals.
- Acres of Hope & Aspiration a program for brain injured patients run by Lisa Alberte, RN. A check for $250.00 will be sent to Lisa Alberte form WANT.
WARN website- www.warntoday.com Please visit the website for current information such as educational programs, the newsletter is updated minimally each quarter.
Secretary – Treasurer’s Report Balance as of October, 2012:
Checking account balance $12,256.36
Savings account balance $ 3,254.47
Program Chair report by Marty Castillo
The ½-education program is:
- January 2013 we are looking for a host site
- April 2013 date yet to be announced.
- August 2013 Rehab Hospital of Wisconsin
- Fall 2013 Looking for Host
- November 2013 Looking for Host
The host site receives one free registration to the WARN annual education day.
Legislative Update by Judy Klaver
No f report given
Meeting adjourned by Martha Castillo.
Past Meeting Notes
June 2012 meeting notes
April 2012 meeting notes
February 2012 meeting notes
September 2011 meeting notes
August 2011 meeting notes
April 2011 meeting notes
January 2011 meeting notes
November 2010 meeting notes
August 2010 meeting notes
February 2010 meeting notes
August 2009 meeting notes