General Membership Meeting Minutes
November 17, 2014
Theda Clark Medical Center
Cheryl Michler Secretary – Secretary /Treasurer
Last business meeting was August 7,2014 at the Half Day Education Conference held at University of Wisconsin Hospital in Madison, WI A motion was made to approve the minutes, approved by all.
Attendance at General Business Meeting
Board Members present:
President / Legislative Liaison–Judy Klaver
Program Chair-Marty Castillo
President Elect – Vickie Stelzig
Board Members Excused:
Membership – Terry Gion
Past President-Ann LeClaire,
Program Co-Chair –Kelly Crawford
Website Coordinator-Lisa Salmon
Total conference attendance: 17
ARN/WARN members: 14
Registration #: 16
Walk ins: 1
President’s Report Judy Klaver
The President Judy Klaver welcomed all attendees and thanked Theda Clark for hosting the ½ day event. Judy introduced the WARN Board members including the new President Elect - Vickie Stelzig.
The WARN Annual Education Day for 2014 was successful. Attendees viewed Waukesha County Technical College as a positive experience. Currently the Board is looking at April 20, 2015 at the WCTC. Please bring forward any educational ideas for next years conference.
Member benefits report was given by Martha Castillo:
- At each ½ day education session we draw for a free registration to the WARN annual all day conference.
- Congratulations to Gladys Hansen who won a free registration to the 2014 conference.
- Each time a member attends a ½ education session their name is put into a drawing for prizes drawn at the annual conference. Currently we are funding the following prizes:
- ARN & WARN dues
- Kristen Bruder
- Terry Gion
Please bring forward any educational ideas for next years conference to Marty or any Board Member
Awards – Each year we receive nominations for the following awards:
- Rising Star award – is for a nurse new to rehabilitation (less than two years)
- 2014 Winner- Abby Philleco of St Luke’s Hospital in Milwaukee
- Rehab Excellence award is for an individual who has been in rehab nursing and who has contributed to the growth of the practice of rehab nursing.
- 2012 Winner- Sarah Musselman from UW Madison.
- 2013 No nominations
- 2014 Lynn Morgenstern from Alexian
The winners of the Rising Star and Nurse Excellence award will each receive a membership to ARN/WARN for one year. See the nominations on the website “Conference Corner”.
- Community Benefit- is given to an organization that provides free or minimal charge services to disabled individuals.
- Refresh and Retreat Stroke Camp
A check for $250.00 was sent
WARN website- www.warntoday.com Please visit the website for current information such as educational programs, the newsletter is updated minimally each quarter.
Secretary – Treasurer’s Report Balance as of October 31, 2013:
Total assets: $ 30,667.06
Program Chair report by Marty Castillo
The ½-education program is:
- January 21, 2015 at St Luke’s Hospital, Milwaukee WI
- August 2015 at Sacred Heart Hospital in Eau Claire WI
- September 2015 ARN conference in New Orleans, LA
Could your facility host a ½ day program in November 2015 or January 2016?
WARN Annual Education Conference
April 20, 2015 Waukesha Area Technical College
The host site receives one free registration to the WARN annual education day.
Legislative Update by Judy Klaver
No report given
ARN Update by Ann LeClaire
Meeting adjourned by Judy Klaver
Past Meeting Notes
Fall 2013 meeting notes
April 2013 meeting notes
February 2013 meeting notes
November 2012 meeting notes
June 2012 meeting notes
April 2012 meeting notes
February 2012 meeting notes
September 2011 meeting notes
August 2011 meeting notes
April 2011 meeting notes
January 2011 meeting notes
November 2010 meeting notes
August 2010 meeting notes
February 2010 meeting notes
August 2009 meeting notes